Who We Are
JGSWS helps our members find their Jewish family roots. We hold
monthly meetings with guest lecturers, and we sponsor workshops. We offer programs for beginners
as well as seasoned researchers. Recent topics included immigration records, Jewish given names, forensic genealogy, genealogical research on the Internet,
how to find an ancestral town, and how to create a family health portrait.
More about JGSWS...
- Thank you to all our volunteers the IAJGS Conference on Jewish Genealogy in early August! We hope all attendees had a fun and rewarding experience. See http://extrayad.blogspot.com/2016/08/iajgs-2016-conference-blogger-compendium.html for a collection of blog posts about the event.
- MEETING LOCATION: Most JGSWS meetings are held at the LDS Factoria Building in Bellevue, with easy access from I-90 and I-405. The address is 4200 124th Ave. SE, Bellevue.
- DNA discounts: JGSWS members can receive a discount on DNA tests ordered from Family Tree DNA. For details, see our Special DNA Test Pricing page.
- Meeting handouts: You can download meeting notes from our Handouts page.
Monday, September 12, 2016, at
at the LDS Factoria Building
"Beyond Online: Beginning Courthouse Research," presented by Janice Lovelace
- Brick Walls workshops: Bring a brown-bag lunch and your questions to NARA on the second Thursday of each month, 11:30 AM to 1 PM. Free. See details.