Who We Are
JGSWS helps our members find their Jewish family roots. We hold
monthly meetings with guest lecturers, and we sponsor workshops. We offer programs for beginners
as well as seasoned researchers. Recent topics included immigration records, Jewish given names, forensic genealogy, genealogical research on the Internet,
how to find an ancestral town, and how to create a family health portrait.
More about JGSWS...
- NEW MEETING LOCATION: JGSWS meetings are held at the LDS Factoria Building in Bellevue, with easy access from I-90 and I-405. The address is 4200 124th Ave. SE, Bellevue. See driving directions.
- Board elections at Dec 2013 meeting: Recently appointed board members Joan Bell, Elise Morse, Steve Louis, and Patricia Deutsch were reelected for a full term. Current members Nancy Adelson, Mary Kozy, Phyllis Grossman, Natalie Malin, and Natalie Stien will serve another term.
- DNA discounts: JGSWS members can receive a discount on DNA tests ordered from Family Tree DNA. For details, see our Special DNA Test Pricing page.
- Meeting handouts: You can download meeting notes from our Handouts page.
Monday, March 10, 2014
7:30 PM (Doors open at 6:00 PM)
at the LDS Factoria Building
"German Jewish Research and the Internet Archive," presented by Gary Zimmerman
- Free genealogy workshops at Bellevue Library: "Using FamilySearch" (Thurs., Feb. 27, 7 PM) and "Using Censuses and City Directories" (Sat., Mar. 8, 1 PM). Presented by Bob Barnes from the Eastside Genealogical Society. See the Events page for more details and additional workshops.