Who We Are
JGSWS helps our members find their Jewish family roots. We hold
monthly meetings with guest lecturers, and we sponsor workshops. We offer programs for beginners
as well as seasoned researchers. Recent topics included immigration records, Jewish given names, forensic genealogy, genealogical research on the Internet,
how to find an ancestral town, and how to create a family health portrait.
More about JGSWS...
- NEW MEETING LOCATION: JGSWS meetings are held at the LDS Factoria Building in Bellevue, with easy access from I-90 and I-405. The address is 4200 124th Ave. SE, Bellevue. See driving directions.
- New board members! Joan Bell, Elise Morse, Steve Louis, and Patricia Deutsch have recently joined the board. Welcome!
- DNA discounts: JGSWS members can receive a discount on DNA tests ordered from Family Tree DNA. For details, see our Special DNA Test Pricing page.
- Meeting handouts: You can download meeting notes from our Handouts page.
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF DATE:
Monday, December 16, 2013
at 7:30 PM (Doors open at 6:00 PM)
at the LDS Factoria Building
"Revival of Contemporary Jewish Life in Poland: A Historical and Personal Perspective," presented by Karina Sokolowska
- Brick Walls workshops: Bring a brown-bag lunch and your questions to NARA on the second Thursday of each month, 11:30 AM to 1 PM. Free. Details: http://www.archives.gov/pacific-alaska/seattle/public/workshops.html.