Who We Are
JGSWS helps our members find their Jewish family roots. We hold
monthly meetings with guest lecturers, and we sponsor workshops. We offer programs for beginners
as well as seasoned researchers. Recent topics included immigration records, Jewish given names, forensic genealogy, genealogical research on the Internet,
how to find an ancestral town, and how to create a family health portrait.
More about JGSWS...
- 2016 JGSWS Board election results:
President: Elise Morse
1st Vice President: Karen Campbell
2nd Vice President: Natalie Malin
Secretary: Mary Kozy
Treasurer: Pat Deutsch
Nancy Adelson, Immediate Past President Phyllis Grossman, Webmaster; and
Natalie Stien, Hospitality
- Registration is now open! This summer's IAJGS Conference on Jewish Genealogy will be held in Seattle, and JGSWS is the local host. Mark your calendar for August 7-12, 2016, and see http://www.iajgs2016.org for details.
- MEETING LOCATION: Most JGSWS meetings are held at the LDS Factoria Building in Bellevue, with easy access from I-90 and I-405. The address is 4200 124th Ave. SE, Bellevue. See driving directions.
- DNA discounts: JGSWS members can receive a discount on DNA tests ordered from Family Tree DNA. For details, see our Special DNA Test Pricing page.
- Meeting handouts: You can download meeting notes from our Handouts page.
Monday, February 8, 2016, at
at the LDS Factoria Building
"Evaluating Evidence: Asking a Mini-Minnie Question" AND "Handwriting Analysis for Genealogists," presented by Ron Arons
- Brick Walls workshops: Bring a brown-bag lunch and your questions to NARA on the second Thursday of each month, 11:30 AM to 1 PM. Free. See details.