Who We Are
JGSWS helps our members find their Jewish family roots. We hold
monthly meetings with guest lecturers, and we sponsor workshops. We offer programs for beginners
as well as seasoned researchers. Recent topics included immigration records, Jewish given names, forensic genealogy, genealogical research on the Internet,
how to find an ancestral town, and how to create a family health portrait.
More about JGSWS...
- Don't miss the International Conference on Jewish Genealogy. It's not too late to register! The event takes place July 27 to August 1 in Salt Lake City. Register online until July 25 or on-site after that. Details: Salt Lake City 2014.
- Conference from home: If you can't attend, you can participate from home with a LIVE! registration. Watch 60+ sessions live or on-demand within 3 months. See this video for a sampling of what you can learn. Details: LIVE! (Use code LIVE922 thru July 25 for a 10% discount on a LIVE! registration.)
- MEETING LOCATION: Most JGSWS meetings are held at the LDS Factoria Building in Bellevue, with easy access from I-90 and I-405. The address is 4200 124th Ave. SE, Bellevue. See driving directions.
- DNA discounts: JGSWS members can receive a discount on DNA tests ordered from Family Tree DNA. For details, see our Special DNA Test Pricing page.
- Meeting handouts: You can download meeting notes from our Handouts page.
Monday, September 8, 2014 at the
LDS Factoria Building
- Brick Walls workshops: Bring a brown-bag lunch and your questions to NARA on the second Thursday of each month, 11:30 AM to 1 PM. Free. See details.