Who We Are
JGSWS helps our members find their Jewish family roots. We hold
monthly meetings with guest lecturers, and we sponsor workshops. We offer programs for beginners
as well as seasoned researchers. Recent topics included immigration records, Jewish given names, forensic genealogy, genealogical research on the Internet,
how to find an ancestral town, and how to create a family health portrait.
More about JGSWS...
- DNA discounts: JGSWS members can receive a discount on DNA tests ordered from Family Tree DNA. For details, see our Special DNA Test Pricing page.
- Jewish genealogy conference: The annual IAJGS conference will be held in Boston this summer, from August 4-9. Details and program schedule: http://www.iajgs2013.org/.
- May is Jewish Heritage Month.
- Meeting handouts: You can download meeting notes from our Handouts page.
Monday, May 13, 2013
at 7:00 PM
"My Grandfather Came from Poison” AND “Who the Heck Is Ida Gerskill: Some Challenges of Researching Jewish Names," presented by Meredith Hoffman
Stroum Jewish Community Center
3801 East Mercer Way,
Mercer Island, WA 98040
Free admission for JGSWS members,
$5 for nonmembers
- Brick Walls workshops: Bring a brown-bag lunch and your questions to NARA on the second Thursday of each month, 11:30 AM to 1 PM. Free. Details: http://www.archives.gov/pacific-alaska/seattle/public/workshops.html.